Friday, November 21, 2008

The New XBOX Experience

I for one am a fan of the new XBOX Experience.

Some of the key features
-Games can now be installed to the hard drive
-Marketplace can be accessed while in game
-Forming parties for a game has become easier
-Avatars (knock-off Miis)
-Style overhaul
-Creators Club

Overall I am satisfied with the new dashboard. I really like the way it looks. I am also a fan of how things are broken down.

I feel navigating achievements has become easier, yes I am into getting achievements, but only when I really don't have to go out of my way to get them.

The new marketplace took some getting used to but now I am satisfied.

Something new to XBOX Live is the addition of user created content known as the creators club. I for one think its a cool idea. According to a 1up.com podcast "1up Yours" the content is all monitored by users so there should be some sort of filter as to what makes it on the creators club.

Avatars rip off Nintendo Miis so much it hurts. I like them but I do feel they are an unnecessary addition to gather more users who just want casual games.

All and all I am very satisfied with what Microsoft has done with the new XBOX dashboard.

No comments: